Wednesday 9 May 2012

rag ragidy rag rag rag

today i have been contemplating a new font for my label rag--- which you may or may not have realised are my initials!
after some feedback from a teacher of mine, I think the uppercase R.A.G has somewhat of a military/tough aesthetic...which is not really my style, quite the opposite really.. so after sifting through plenty of potential fonts on adobe illustrator and various websites, i think i have settled on a lower case typewriter font which i have then drawn over the top to get a rougher more hand drawn effect.
 For one of my classes, we have to make potential business cards...so i have been staring at the screen all day, playing around with photoshop and illustrator, and found i could do some cool layering with photo's and letters and ta daaa!..


a detail of a laptop case i made for a friend

a little pouch made from vintage fabric

i think i'll think about it...let me know what you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment