Saturday 22 December 2012

pheasant blouse

Last summer, I found a curtain in an op shop in ashfield. 
Old, sun worn and faded it was beautiful.
atrocious mix of colours, yet intriguing composition of pheasant birds amongst roses.
i had to have it.
and for only $2, why wouldn't you!?
so it has sat in my parents house all year, waiting to be reborn into a pair of summer shorts or a sweet shift dress.
Last week, on my way home from work, i had a sudden burst of inspiration and got home and whipped up this little bitty. I had a 21st to go to that night (happy birthday yorky!!) so i quickly cut it out and sewed it up, so it is pretty poorly sewn to be honest, but it works! and the pheasant fabric is born again!! hurrah!!
Because I was sewing in such a rush, I cut out two fronts, and when I sewed the darts in the front, it became shorter so i decided i would go with it, so it is abit of a mullet top. 
i like it. its abit fun. 
then with the offcuts i wrapped up christmas presents for my sisters, 
who needs sticky tape after all?!
merry christmas friends 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment