Tuesday 6 November 2012

the stitched up box

remember that cardboard prototype a few weeks/months ago? 
well now it is an accomplished little felt box!
Designed by myself in design class 
Lasercut by Ponoko Manufacturers in New Zealand
Stitched up by meeeeeee
It arrived as these two sheets of felt.
they needed a good wash because the laster burnt the edges and they stunk of burnt hair, which was awful! So I got out my old toothbrush and gave each of their edges a good scrub! 
Which was mostly a good idea, cause now they don't smell...buttt the green felt shrunk a tiny little bit more than the grey felt, which has warped the shape of my box a little. oh well! thats materiality for you! I'm all for abit of spontaneity!
With this amount of felt, I was able to fit in two boxes and 9 sweet animal brooches
In the process of making those little sweet ones at the moment, so i'll show you all in a tick!
The sewing process begins! 
stitching with a strong cotton twine like string
The finished box!! 
with a handy little needle holder at the end 

yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment